Monday, June 8, 2009

Pre-monsoon showers bring flowers

Pre-monsoon showers bring flowers

Photo taken by my husband.
We got some impressive pre-monsoon showers recently. Lots of chirping birds and beautiful new flowers. Monsoon is supposed to hit the city today.

Nigella Yogabag

Off to yoga! Photo taken by my husband.
Waiting for rain, I made a yoga bag for my mat. I used Amy Butler's Nigella yoga bag pattern. While sewing it, I wasn't convinced about the utility of the pockets. I didn't think I'd use it for anything other than car keys, but my Klean Kanteen (not in the photo) fits perfectly. I used it yesterday, and the fact that it doesn't have any closures isn't such a big deal.

Box bag

I recently bought a bunch of zippers and notions, and had no place to put them. To reduce the clutter and mess, I made a box bag from some scrap fabric. To make it pretty, I used some zari. I rather like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment