Monday, June 15, 2009

New wallet

I have been using the same wallet for the last six years. There' s nothing wrong with it, but when I bought this fabric and saw this tutorial, I decided it was time for a new one.

My old walletMy old wallet

Old

New wallet

New walletNew wallet

New

Yes, the new wallet is very similar to the old one, but I love the red and black fabric! I changed a few things - mine only has four credit card slots, as opposed to the six in the tutorial. Instead, I have three large pockets for notes and papers (vs. two in the pattern). I used interfacing for the largest credit card pocket, inner zip pocket, on the outside, and the snap tab closure. If I were to use this pattern again, I would make the snap tab closure a little narrower and shorter.

Did I already mention that I love the fabric?

1 comment:

  1. It's so pretty! The fabric is very beautiful and the wallet is so neat!

    ReplyDelete