Saturday, June 13, 2009

Plenty of fabric, but pattern-less in India

I moved to India without any of my sewing supplies or patterns. I did bring my knittng needles and a few balls of yarn, but I wasn't really sure if I would have the opportunity to sew here. Since I now have a sewing machine (very different from the one I have in the U.S.), I have been enjoying trips to various parts of the city in search of sewing supply stores (which are very different from the ones in the U.S.) to buy scissors, needles, thread, and other notions. I've also spent a fair amount of time looking for patterns online. I will undoubtedly be browsing the internets some more. I'll save that for another post. Here is a photograph of my latest fabric purchase. Enjoy the weekend.

Fabric

Washed and ironed.

1 comment: