Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No monsoon yet

Still waiting for rain. I think we may get some today. Here are some shots I got after the superb pre-monsoon showers we got recently. I took this shot from just outside the flat. It had almost stopped raining by then.

Boy enjoying rain

We went for a short walk around the neighbourhood to take in the sights and smells. Others people were coming out to walk too. The sun was peaking out behind the clouds, and the light was wonderful.

Walking after the rain

I saw at least three vegetable vendors in action - setting up after the rain.


Veggie cart


Veggie stand


Vegetable vendor

This vendor was selling some lovely greens. He comes from a village less than 10 miles away, so the veggies were very fresh and local. Lots of people were interested in the greens - they went fast! I ended up buying dill and a red spinach like veggie, which we cooked up for lunch the next day.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these veggie vendor shots. Everything looks so fresh. Wish we had that kind of selection where I live!

    ReplyDelete