Photo taken by my husband.
You are probably getting bored of seeing this fabric. I know my husband is! My apologies. It was relatively inexpensive, and I might have bought more of it than I know what to do with. For my self-drafted skirt pattern, I wanted to make a wearable muslin, and this fabric fits the bill rather well.
I lined the skirt and used an invisible zipper. I don't have changeable feet for this sewing machine, and I was a bit skeptical about using the regular foot to put the zipper in, so I started sewing it by hand. My husband had to only ask why I wasn't using the machine, and I promptly abandoned the hand sewing, and gave it a shot on the machine. I'm glad I did; it turned out very neat, and pretty nearly invisible.
I also tried french seams for the first time, and I am a fan. I'm not sure why I haven't tried it before. I have been noticing that a lot clothes I have purchased in India have french seams. I don't own a serger (although, I do covet one), and my machine doesn't even have a zig zag stitch. I see a lot of french seams in my future :)
The only thing I would do differently is get rid of the darts in front. The darts on the back look very nice, but the ones on the front look bunched up and frumpy. I don't think I really need them, and will leave them out next time.
On the whole, my first attempt at drafting was a success - the skirt is very wearable. What started out as an intimidating processes, ended up being a very satisfying experience. I am already working on a basic bodice block.
Unrelated - but we saw this little guy on our way back home. It might be the tiniest toad I have ever seen!