Monday, August 17, 2009

Luggage tags

Luggage tags
I didn't mean to make them quite this large or this sturdy!

When my mum mentioned that she needed luggage tags for an upcoming trip, I offered to sew her a couple. I didn't think it would take too long for me to whip them up. But when I realised that I didn't have any vinyl or plastic on hand, I had to put on my thinking cap and improvise.

Luggage tags
I knew these conference name tags would come in handy some day.

My husband and I attended a conference several weeks ago, and I distinctly remember making a suggestion to the conference organisers to recycle the name tags. I even remember being disappointed when they didn't. But I'm glad I brought them back home with me with the hope of reusing them. I finally did!

Luggage tags

I didn't fully know what I wanted the tags to look like, so it took me much too long to finish the first one (I had to rip out quite a few seams). The second one was a breeze to make. I used bright scrap fabric, a couple of wood buttons and two of my hair ties. My mum loves them, and is now worried that someone might pinch them. Only in India!

1 comment: