Thursday, January 20, 2011

On my mind

  1. This past Sunday was the sunniest day we've had in the last three and a half months. We took advantage along with hundreds of Parisians. We ate lunch in a park, walked a lot, and closed the day with a run. It was fun to see everyone come out and enjoy the weather but it also makes me treasure the grey-er days, when I have the sidewalk café tables to myself. Mostly.
  2. I had the best confit de canard on Tuesday. I didn't even know that I like duck. Maybe it was all the butter it was cooked in. And the garlic. Yum.
  3. Our apartment is beginning to smell of cheese. At first I thought it was only the refrigerator, but now I'm certain the aroma of ripe cheese is taking over. Honestly, I don't really mind. For now.
  4. I made Khao Soi last night. I had fallen for it the first time I'd tasted it in northern Thailand: spicy, creamy coconut curry, with egg noodles. What's not to like? Except that I substituted spagetti for egg noodles. Blasphemous, I know, but I didn't have any at hand. Nevertheless, it was delicious! I'll be making it again. With egg noodles.
  5. I hope to spend some time sewing today. I've made a couple of shirts, but have yet to write about them. Right now, I'm working on a project that is turing out way too large for me. More about that later.
Enjoy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment