Friday, May 18, 2012

New top

New top

A lot has been happening around here. Unexpected (painful and expensive!) dental work, job interviews, warmer weather and several sewing projects have kept me away from this space for long enough that I don't recognise Blogger. It took me a few seconds to figure out how to publish a new post.

New top

Anyway, after a frustrating morning of drafting a new sloper (more on that later) a few days ago, I was looking for an easy project. The fabric is from a thrift store that I've had in my stash for several years now. The colour is not especially an harbinger of spring but the fabric is soft and very thin; perfect for warmer days.

New top

I've made different versions of this top a couple times before. The original pattern is from this Japanese book but I've changed the pattern considerably. This time I made a short-sleeved version with cuffs and didn't sew down the inverted pleat. It made for a quick and easy project!

New top

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. this is such a great top! I love the scalloped collar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty top .. My first visit to your blog and I wanted to say a Namaste :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Curry Made! Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed reading your blog. You are an amazing seamstress and knitter...I really admire your attention to detail and also being able to draft your own patterns! Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and really enjoyed your mix of cooking, sewing, and travel. Very tasteful classic style. Maybe you took a life break but I'd love to see you do more;). Thanks for sharing your life.
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete