Friday, August 12, 2011
After I made my first Sorbetto top, I had planned other versions but we haven't had much sun in Paris this summer. So by the time I got down to making a second one, I had all but forgotten the design elements I had wanted to incorporate.
I had envisioned converting the original pattern to a racer back, but the only thing I did differently was curve the armholes in a little bit, add length in the body, and leave out the front pleat. I cut out a small pocket for the front but ultimately decided to leave it out since it was lost in the floral pattern of the fabric. I had wanted to make a curved hem but by the time I got to it, I forgot and cut a regular hem! I guess I was in a hurry to wear my new shirt before the sun disappeared!
Thanks to my husband for taking the photos.