Thursday, October 28, 2010

Walking around Paris

Yesterday started off dark and cloudy but I set off with my camera anyway. I started my adventures with a Metro ride to the north and wandered all the way south, well beyond la Tour Eiffel. The camera started to feel heavy towards the end of the day but Paris really isn't a very large city - perfectly enjoyable to explore on foot. The sun came out and I truly had a wonderful time. Here are a few shots -

Sacre Coeur
Sacré Cœur

Paris
Not really sure what this is...street art?

Paris
Porte Saint Martin, I think.

L'As du Fallafel
Pit stop - falafel sandwich at the famous L'As du Fallafel.
No photos of my sandwich; I needed both hands to wolf it down.

Notre Dame
Notre Dame

Paris
Writing on one of the ponts crossing the Seine.

I stopped by Pierre Hermé for my first macarons, which were overwhelming to pick because there was a queue, and I couldn't see the different kinds available. Anyway, I picked a couple of the Infiniment Chocolat and a couple of the Infiniment Caramel, knowing that I couldn't go wrong. They were perfect! They made it back safely to the apartment but again, no photos, since we ate them too quickly after dinner. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Paris from a fellow Indian gal/Parisienne! Hope that you're enjoying your time here. You have a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete